When I was growing up I was always told to keep the door closed. We came in and out from playing in the street or the yard, but there was always someone that would not close that damn door. Forget letting the air conditioning out, what you really have to worry about are those uninvited guests. So why is this vague lesson from my youth so relevant today? I left my doors to my marriage open, and like any other vermin, something (someone) came into nest. Forget eating my food, this parasite began to sucked the life out of my marriage like a fat vampire ending a fast. It's not the parasites fault...its a parasite, even though its victim was "marked" by a more dominate specie. Parasites do what they do. The foolish dominate specie should have prevented this by preparing his house. I failed to condition my relationship. I didn't give my wife what she needed... regardless if she didn't know what she needed (another story for another time folks). While I was home, I protected my home, but I didn't attend to it. I didn't nurture it, appreciate it, and tell it how very special and beautiful it was to me. I existed, acting similar to the very thing I thought I was protecting my house. I took and rarely gave: I took for granted it was always going to be there by not giving it a reason to stay. Being a good father; having a good job with benefits; being fit and buying some gifts occasionally wont protect your house people! Because the moment you go away, the parasite will try to take what's yours. And if you didn't protect it by giving it what it needs, the parasite will take your house by doing what you didn't do.
So what have I learned: I didn't give my wife what she needed. I made it easy for her want to leave me. I should have close the doord, prevent access to others from comming in my house to do what I should have done: Find away to love her the way she needed. But man it would be great to be told how!!!!!!!!!!!
What do I do with this new found pearl of wisdom? I want to choke a hoe (short for house of course) and exterminate a parasite, but that decreases my likelihood to find love... outside of a penal institution (sodomy pun intended). I pray and hope for peace.
I pray for all of you going through similar situations. Be strong, be present, be faithful: this will pass.
No comments:
Post a Comment